My Bicester Village Haul

Friday 25 January 2013

The boyfriend wanted to stop at Bicester Village to do some shopping last week. For those not nearby, its a discount designer outlet village near to Oxford, with everything from Armani to All Saints.

I, however, was drawn into the Cath Kidston shop....

I never used to really like Cath Kidston. I like the floral fabric patterns, but I don't tend to like brands that have visible names on products, and I wasn't sure about their range of plasticy bags.

Further to that, my boyfriend bought me a canvas tote of theirs for my birthday last year and I must say, I really liked its construction and I used it all the time.

That being said, I still think that their products are very expensive, and quite overpriced at times.
But that's not so much of an issue in a discount outlet!

I bought three things;

Some very cute stationary tins to use for storing sewing bits and pins. Reduced to £6 from £12




My boyfriend persuaded me to get this pack of knitting needles.There are 8 sets of wooden needles, in a lovely canvas case. They are very long! I haven't tried them out yet, but they look very pretty, and come in sized from 3.5mm to 6.5mm (I think!). They were £10 down from £20.



And finally, I got some fabric! It's very similar to the one that was used for the knitting needle case. 
It was reduced to £6 per metre, think all of the full price material was £17.50 but my boyfriend thinks mine started at more than that! And it's very very wide which is great. Think its at least 150cm. I got 2 metres.


Think I'm going to use it to make seat cushions for my table and chairs and maybe some placemats if I have some left. 

I could've bought more, but I was trying to control myself. There were loads of reduced tote bags, and some lovely sewing boxes reduced, and to be honest, lots more. It was a very big shop, and very well laid out.
And the staff were very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to go back!


Emma x

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really adore reading your comments :)

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs