Vintage Pattern Binge

Tuesday 2 September 2014


Hi Guys,

Some of you may have noticed that I have been having a bit of an eBay splurge of late.
I don't know why, but sometimes I just get these unreasonable urges to acquire goodies (Thankfully for my bank balance, it's been sated in relation to both patterns and handbags this week).
And of course, I've got to share the goodies with you guys!
As you can see I've apparently been leaning more towards a 60's silhouette, which should be interesting.
And there were even a couple of original letters from the pattern companies stuck in from 1966 :)

Enjoy x









3 comments :

  1. ThisBlogIsNotForYou2 September 2014 at 13:23

    I love the patterns you picked! I recently got a massive bunch of 50's-90's patterns from the Mr's grandma and also loads of vintage fabrics. Do you have a lot of fitting issues with vintage patterns? I haven't tried many, but often they turned out to be too small or too big. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have that Simplicity 8038 bought when it was "on trend". I'm feeling just a bit old at this minute.....


    I made it up with the shorts (in a black & white plaid which sadly hasn't stood the test of time). I also used that shorts pattern and lengthened it into 3/4 and long pants.


    Enjoy your lovely patterns, can't wait to see what you make out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you got some great patterns there. I tend to stay away from ebay as I know this type of good post day would happen frequently!

    ReplyDelete

I really adore reading your comments :)

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs